/google-ads/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Suspended account
A friend had their Google ad account suspended. Google said because of suspicious behavior in payment activity. Huh? What is that? Makes no sense. How can payments to Google which is automatically setup be considered suspicious?
Details
Pinned
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (7)
Relevant Answer
Hi

This is a community forum, we are not Google employees,
Your friend should contact customer service: https://support.google.com/google-ads/contact/pf_suspended

The most common reasons for suspicious payment suspension:
  • Your card was used for an account has been suspended
  • Cardholder name does not match Google Ads account billing data
  • Your card is a virtual card
  • Card issuer bank is another country than the country you provided in Google Ads account billing data.
  • Irregular payments (payment were declined many times)
So if you appeal the decisions try to attach proofs to show your payment was legitimate.

Regards,
István

marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
It is a direct withdrawal from her checking account. The last payment was taken on the 7th but has not shown up on her bank account yet. That is all she knows
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Attaching proof that payment was legitimate? In My case they took the payment after a couple of error messages not sure what information/ proof would help other than my bank writing a letter to confirm.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi

You wrote: " The last payment was taken on the 7th but has not shown up on her bank account yet." So her account was NOT charged. Probably there was no sufficient fund on it.

She should check her Google Ads account, if she owes money to Google Ads, she should pay that amount first (money transfer from her bank account) then appeal the decision, explaining what happened.

Regards,
István
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have the exact same problem as you. I recently created an Ads account for my business (using our business cc that we always use) and was suspended due to failure to make a payment when I had auto-pay turned on. After paying the balance and submitting an appeal, I received a follow-up notice saying that my account was still suspended, this time for "suspicious payment activity".
My appeals are responded to with a default, unhelpful response that gives no clear indication explaining the violation, or how to fix it. I've called support as well and spoken to 5+ representatives who all claim that due to COVID, there is no support available and redirect me to an online help directory that provides zero value.
Will be following this thread to see what others have to share and wishing them luck in getting the account reactivated! FWIW I've seen multiple people have this issue as of late.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Honest Answer would be!

Once account is suspended, It would be very difficult or impossible to get your account working again!

Please do not try if your services are not eligible for Google Ads, If you have, Please share business site, So we can help you!

Thank you
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I am having the same issue. Account suspended on September 1st because the card attached to my account was a prepaid card so the payment wasn't able to go through. I changed my card to a personal one, payment went through with no issue but my account is still suspended. I have appealed, spoken to someone on the phone who couldn't figure out my issue so I'm still here with no ads running and no help.
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/google-ads/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic