/google-ads/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
How many keywords including close variant can be added in one ad group?
Hi,

Adding 50-60 Exact match keywords(including similar keywords) in one ad group can harm the performance? (Earlier I had more conversions when I used to add a lot of exact match keywords)

Is there a limit to adding keywords?

For 1 keyword, minimum of 30 search terms are getting recorded which have pretty good search volume for the targeted location. And all of them look similar to the business. What should I do in such cases?

Right now I have reduced the count to 20, ads are not being triggered due to the following - Your ad group has a keyword that’s a better match for this search. Should I pause such keywords and retain those that are better than these? Only 4-5 keywords are getting triggered now and there is a huge drop in number of conversions.

Also, I am still a learner. Could you suggest any link to learn more about keyword diagnosis tool in detail?
Details
Pinned
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (1)
Advertising Expert by Way of Engineering.
Relevant Answer
The common theme created by the keywords plays a role in calculating the ad quality (the real-time QS, calculated during the auction time).
There is a reason to structure keywords in ad-groups each with a coherent common theme.
Have 10-25 keywords in an ad group with a minimum of 3 ads;  If you have more; the "common theme" is no longer "common"

marked this as an answer
All Replies (3)
Relevant Answer
Hello.

I don't think there is essentially a relationship between the number of exact matches in an ad group and the number of conversions.

The Google Ads help page says that adgroups should be created by theme as follows:

Use ad groups to organize your ads by a common theme. For example, try separating ad groups into the different product or service types you offer.

And I have the same idea, specifically, if you set the same link destination, you will have the same ad group, or you will divide the ad group by keyword group with the same theme.

I hope it will be helpful for you.

PS

20,000 ad group targeting items per ad group (such as keywords, placements, and audience lists)
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
If one keyword is generating many search terms with a lot of volume...

If you intend to use different bids for those search terms, give them their own exact keyword. If you want to give them their own ad copy, then each should have their own ad group as well.

If you don't want to use different bids, adding them as keywords makes no difference.

There is no limit, and as long as the theme is the same, no harm if you add a lot of keywords to one ad group. 

Very generally, I only react when individual search terms get multiple conversions, then I decide what to do with them. 
marked this as an answer
Advertising Expert by Way of Engineering.
Relevant Answer
The common theme created by the keywords plays a role in calculating the ad quality (the real-time QS, calculated during the auction time).
There is a reason to structure keywords in ad-groups each with a coherent common theme.
Have 10-25 keywords in an ad group with a minimum of 3 ads;  If you have more; the "common theme" is no longer "common"

marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/google-ads/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic