The following features are now available in Google Ads Editor v1.0. Download the newest version of Google Ads Editor.
Multiple account support
Select and open multiple accounts in a single window, and make edits across them.
Make changes faster with a fresh new look that reduces visual clutter and creates a space for calm productivity.
Full support for non-skippable video ads
Google Ads Editor now supports non-skippable in-stream video campaigns, ad groups, and ads. Learn more About video ad formats.
Custom rules updates
This version of Google Ads Editor includes 5 new custom rules. The new rules can alert you if:
- There are no responsive search ads in a Search Network campaign’s ad group (when that ad group already contains at least one enabled expanded text ad)
- A video campaign (that isn’t a TrueView for action campaign) isn’t targeting Google video partners
- A video discovery ad group is targeting a keyword or topic
- A TrueView campaign is only targeting YouTube search but only has TrueView in-stream video ads
- A video campaign has a start and end date, but is using an average daily budget
Learn how to Use custom rules.
Ad strength indicator
When reviewing your responsive search ads in Google Ads Editor, you’ll now see an “Ad strength” column, which assigns each of your ads a quality rating. Hover over an ad’s rating to get suggestions for how to improve the quality of that ad. Note: this feature is currently only available in English. Learn more About responsive search ads.
Maximize conversions for TrueView for action campaigns
The Maximize conversions bid strategy for TrueView for action campaigns is now supported in Google Ads Editor. Learn how to Create a TrueView for action campaign.
Maximize conversions for display campaigns
The Maximize conversions bidding strategy is now available for display campaigns and Smart Display campaigns. Learn more About Maximize conversions bidding.
New support for App campaigns
For App campaigns, this version of Google Ads Editor will support:
- Campaign-level assets as well as ad groups and ads
- Target return on ad spend (ROAS), Maximize conversions, and Target cost-per-action (CPA) bid strategies
- The in-app action value optimization goal (if used alongside the Target CPA bid strategy)
Learn more About App campaigns.
Audience targeting in Smart Display campaigns
Audience targeting (including the ability to exclude audiences) is now available in Smart Display campaigns. Learn more About Smart Display campaigns or how to Exclude specific audiences from your targeting.
Bumper campaigns are now video campaigns
Bumper video campaigns are now simply video campaigns that have a Manual cost-per-thousand impressions (Manual CPM) bid strategy. If you like, you can change your bidding strategy to Target cost-per-thousand impressions (Target CPM), which will allow you to add in-stream ads to these campaigns. Learn more About video ad formats.
This version of Google Ads Editor includes full support for message assets. Learn more About message assets.