As with individual Google Ads accounts, you can invite other users to your manager account. You can choose what these users can do within the manager account by assigning them one of the 5 access levels:
- Administrative: View, edit, and manage any part of the account including hierarchy management
- Standard: View, edit, and manage any part of the account excluding hierarchy management
- Read only: Browse the manager account
- Email only: Receive notification emails for manager accounts
- Billing: View and edit billing information
This article describes what users can do in your manager account at different access levels.
User access levels
How much someone can see and do within a manager account and the accounts linked to it depends upon two factors:
- The level of access they’re granted for that manager account
- Whether the manager account is an owner of the client account.
Here's a detailed overview of the different access levels for manager account users and what they can do:
|Access level for manager account user||What the manager account user can do in the manager account||What the manager account user can do in linked client accounts|
View, edit, and manage any part of the manager account, and complete all administrative actions in the manager account, including the following:
If the manager account isn't an administrative owner, a user with administrative access can view, edit, and manage any part of the linked client account, and complete limited administrative actions in the client account, such as the following:
In addition, if the manager account is an owner, a user with administrative access can:
|Standard access||View, edit, and manage any part of the manager account with the exception of the administrative tasks outlined above, which are only available to users with administrative access.||View, edit, and manage any part of linked client accounts and campaigns with the exception of the administrative tasks outlined above, which are only available to users with administrative access.|
|Read only access||Browse the manager account||
Note: Users with "Read only" access can't make any changes to the account (for example, copy and paste entities like campaigns).
|Billing access||View and edit billing information||
|Email only access||Receive notification emails for manager accounts.||
User access to manager accounts linked to your manager account
Once your manager account is linked to another manager account, here’s how things work for users who have access to your manager account:
- Users on a manager account can make changes to manager accounts below the manager account they have access to.
- Users on a manager account cannot make changes to manager accounts above the manager account they have access to.