When setting up a new Smart campaign, you’re given the option to link the new campaign to a Business Profile in Google My Business. When you link your Business Profile and Smart campaigns, your ads show your business address, and link to your Business Profile or Maps driving directions to your business. (You can turn this off if it’s not right for your business.) Linking also makes setting up your campaign quicker, since the more we know about your business, the more we can make suggestions for your ad campaign.
Only one Business Profile can be associated with each Smart campaign, so if you have multiple Business Profiles to advertise, create a Smart campaign for each Business Profile.
Don't have a Google My Business account yet? Create a free Google My Business account.
How to link a Smart campaign to your Business Profile
To show your Business Profiles as an available option when you create a Smart campaign, make sure that the same email address shows as:
- "Administrator" in your Google Ads account
- "Owner" or a "Manager" in your Google My Business account
Next, create a Smart campaign that’s linked to your Business Profile.
- From the “All campaigns” page, click + New campaign.
- Select a goal for your campaign.
- When prompted, select the Business Profile you want to advertise and link your accounts.
- Finish creating your Smart campaign.
Un-linking your Smart campaign and a Business Profile
There are two ways a Smart campaign can be un-linked from a Business Profile:
- If the email address associated with a Google Ads account loses access to a linked Google My Business account, the Smart campaign associated with the Google Ads account will be un-linked from the Business Profile.
- If your Google My Business account is un-linked from Google Ads through the "Linked accounts" page in your Google My Business account, all Google Ads campaigns associated with that Google My Business account will be un-linked.
Fixing a broken link between a Smart campaign and a Business Profile
- If a link is broken because the email address associated with a Google Ads account has lost access to the Google My Business account, the link will be restored if the email address associated with the Google Ads account is restored access to the Google My Business account.
- If a link is broken by un-linking accounts on the "Linked accounts" page in your Google My Business account, the accounts can be re-linked. Follow the instructions in Google Ads to re-link. Learn more about managing requests to link your Google My Business profile