- Whether your company is a Google Partner or Premier Partner
- What requirements your company needs to meet to either earn or keep the badge
Before you begin
You’ll need to have admin, standard, or read-only access to your Google Partners registered Ads manager account.
How to check your Partner status
- Sign into your Google Ads account.
- In the navigation on the left side, click Partners program tab.
- Find the "Badge status" card. You'll see whether your company is a Google Partner or Premier Partner
- To see more details about your company's status, click View details.
From here, you'll see the Badge status table, which will show your company's status as well as how your company is performing on each of the new Google Partner requirements. The requirements are checked on a daily basis. If you stop meeting the Partner requirements, you have a 60 day grace period to meet them before you lose access to your benefits.
What your Partner status means
|Partner status||What it means|
|Not a Google Partner||Your company isn’t a Google Partner or Premier Partner yet. Click on View details in the Badge status card to see the requirements your company needs to meet to become a Google Partner.|
Your company is a Google Partner. Your "Badge status" card will show your Google Partner badge.
To download your badge, click View details, scroll down to the "Badge assets" section, and follow the directions.
Your company is a Premier Partner. Your "Badge status" card will show your Premier Partner badge. To download your badge, click View details, scroll down to the "Badge assets" section, and follow the directions.
Partner status lost
If your company isn't able to meet the Partner requirements, it will lose the following benefits:
- Rights to use the Google Partner or Premier Partner badge and associated benefits
- Rights to advertise Google Partner or Premier Partner status
Losing Partner status doesn't mean that your company is no longer a member of the Google Partners program.
Your company can continue to participate in the program and access other benefits of being a Member.
If your status has been lost, you may submit an appeal.
Frequently asked questions
What should I do if my company’s Google Partner badge isn’t available?
If you've recently met the Partner requirements, please note it may take up to 48 hours for your badge to update. Continue to meet the requirements to get access to the new Partner badge.
What do I do if it says my company isn’t eligible to earn the Google Partner badge?
If you get a message saying that your company isn't eligible to earn the Google Partner badge due to policy or Terms of Service violations, it could be because one or more of the following was violated:
- Google Partners Terms of Service
- Google Partner badge usage guidelines
- Google's third-party policy
Review the above policies and Terms of Services to make sure you understand all of the requirements. You may also submit an appeal.