After you have created your video ad in Google Ads, you can preview what the ad will look like to viewers on YouTube. This gives you an idea of what people will see when they encounter the ad on YouTube. You can also send a preview of the ad to people before publishing the ad.
To generate a preview of your video ad:
- Sign into your Google Ads account.
- Click Video campaigns in the navigation panel.
- Click Ads & extensions in the page menu.
- Under the “Ad” column, hover over the ad you want to preview and click the pencil icon .
- Select Preview.
- Choose whether you want to preview the ad on mobile or on desktop.
- Mobile: Click Preview ad on mobile, then click Copy link to save the URL that appears and open it on your mobile device.
- Desktop: Click Preview ad. A preview of the ad will open in a new tab.
You can then watch and share your video ad preview (complete with any cards, overlays, or companion banners).