A Google Click ID (GCLID) is required to identify AdWords attribution for both AdWords and third-party app analytics tools. Ensure that your account has auto-tagging enabled so that AdWords attaches the GCLID to your URL.
Set up auto-tagging
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- In the left page menu, click Settings.
- Click Account settings along the top of the page.
- Click the Auto-tagging section.
- To enable auto-tagging, check the box next to “Tag the URL that people click through from my ad.”
- Click Save.
Note: Auto-tagging is not compatible with 3PAS ads.