Map actions for Smart campaigns
- Smart campaigns help you track the number of times people saw your ad and then clicked your business' pin on Google Maps or got directions to your business.
- Tracking these interactions can help you determine how well your ads are attracting potential customers to visit your store.
How Map actions work
A Map action happens when someone sees your ad and then interacts with your business' pin on Google Maps. An example is when someone sees an ad on Google and then later finds your business on Google Maps or searches for your business on Google Maps and then clicks the pin to view your business details or get directions to your business.
Keep in mind
- If someone views your ad and then clicks your business' pin several times within 24 hours, the pin click is counted only once.
- Google Ads can provide data on Map actions only from August 2015 onwards. But, this doesn't necessarily mean your business doesn't have related Map actions.
- Also, if you choose to view Map actions starting from "Today," you might not see any data. Try checking for data, starting from the day before.
Click the link below for instructions to access your Map actions.
How to view your Map actions
- Click All campaigns, and then click the name of the campaign you want.
- Scroll the page down to the "Map actions" card.