You can remove a single keyword or multiple keywords from an ad group.
How to remove keywords
The new Google Ads experience is now the exclusive way for most users to manage their accounts. If you’re still using the previous AdWords experience, choose “previous” below.. Learn more
- Sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com.
- Click the ad group or campaign that you want to edit.
- And then, depending on the type of campaign you have, follow these steps:
- "Search Network only," "Search Network with Display Select," or "Search and Display Networks": Go to the Keywords tab.
- "Display Network only": Go to the Display Network tab, then to the Display Keywords tab.
- Check the boxes next to the keywords you'd like to remove. Then, from the Edit drop-down menu, choose Remove.
- Click OK.
Try running a "search terms report" to see searches that triggered your ad and led to a click. You can use the information to help you find new keywords. Or, you can identify poorly performing ones that you might want to remove from your account. To see how specific keywords are performing, select those keywords from the Keywords tab, click the Details drop-down menu, and choose Selected.