There are 2 ways to pause a campaign: indefinitely or temporarily.
- Choose “Temporarily” to schedule your campaign to automatically resume after a scheduled pause period. This can be useful for seasonal businesses.
- Choose “Forever, or until I resume” to pause your campaign indefinitely. Manually resume it at any time.
While paused, your campaign won't accrue charges, but you may still receive a bill for charges accrued while your campaign was running.
Before you begin
Be sure to familiarize yourself with Smart campaigns.
- Click the name of the Smart campaign you want to edit.
- Under the campaign name, click on the status of your campaign. Then click Pause campaign.
- Click Pause campaign to confirm.
- Choose how long to pause your campaign.
- Click Forever, or until I resume to pause the campaign indefinitely and manually resume it later.
- Click Temporarily to set a schedule that automatically pauses and resumes your campaign.
- If you choose “Temporarily”, select the dates in the calendar for when you want to pause and resume your campaign.
- Note: You can revise your campaign’s resume date or change it to pause indefinitely by clicking Edit under the campaign’s name in the campaign dashboard.
- Click Pause.
Note: You can resume your campaign at any time through the campaign dashboard. Select the “Paused” dropdown under your campaign’s name, then select “Resume campaign”.