Edit or permanently remove negative keyword lists
This article shows you how to edit or permanently remove negative keyword lists.
Keep in mind that if you want to remove a negative keyword list, you won’t be able to do so if it’s currently being used by at least one campaign. You’ll want to remove the negative keyword list from any campaign using it before removing the list permanently.
The new Google Ads experience is now the exclusive way for most users to manage their accounts. Note, automatic targeting is only available in the new Google Ads experience.
You can add to, edit, or remove keywords from a negative keyword list at any time. Here's how:
Sign in to your AdWords account.
- Click the Campaigns tab.
- Click Shared library link in the left navigation bar.
- Click Campaign negative keywords and then the name of the list that you'd like to modify.
- You'll see your negative keyword list. You can:
- Click + Add to add a new keyword.
- Edit an existing keyword by selecting the checkbox next to it and clicking Edit.
- Remove an existing keyword by selecting the checkbox next to it and clicking Remove.
Keep in mind
Any changes you make to your list will be reflected in all campaigns that use this negative keyword list.