Show local search ads on Google Maps
Advertising on Google Maps is a powerful way to attract nearby customers. If you run a local business, ads on Maps make it easy for people to get to your location.
This article explains how to show ads on Google Maps. Find out more About local search ads on Google Maps.
To enable Google Maps to show your search ads:
- Enable location extensions for your Google Ads account. Find out more
- Set up or update your Google My Business listing. If you don't have a listing yet, set up your Google My Business listing. If you already have a listing, make sure that your information is accurate. Find out more
- Use location targeting and bid by location. Target a specific location and set bids by location, so that your bids increase for people located near your business. Find out more
- Optimise your keywords. Use keywords in your campaigns that relate to your location and what people are searching for locally. Find out more
How to review your click history
To review how your search ads on Google Maps are doing, check your performance data. Search ads can generate three types of clicks:
- Get location detail clicks: when people click to expand ads from the search results list
- Get direction clicks: when people click to get directions to your business
- Mobile clicks-to-call clicks: when people click to call your business
The new Google Ads experience is now the exclusive way for most users to manage their accounts. If you’re still using the previous AdWords experience, choose “previous” below. Learn more
To review performance of these click types:
- Open the Campaigns, Ad groups, Ads or Keywords tab, depending on where and how you’ve set up targeting, bidding and keywords.
- At the top of the page, click Segment, then click Click type.