Your account has maximum limits on areas such as the maximum number of keywords that you can have. While you'll probably never notice them, bear these limits in mind when planning your future advertising efforts.
This article lists limits for several key areas of your Google Ads account.
Campaign and ad group limits
- 10,000 campaigns per account (includes active and paused)
- 20,000 ad groups per campaign
- Note: Local campaigns and App campaigns are limited to 100 ad groups per campaign.
- 20,000 ad group targeting items per ad group (such as keywords, placements and audience lists)
- 100 Smart Shopping campaigns per account
- 300 image or gallery ads per ad group
- 50 active text and non-image/gallery ads per ad group
- Four million ads per account (includes active and paused)
- 3 responsive ads per ad group
- 5 million ad group targeting items per account (such as keywords, placements and audience lists)
- One million campaign targeting items per account (such as location targets and campaign-level negative keywords)
- 10,500 location targets per campaign, targeted and excluded, including up to 500 proximity targets per campaign
- 20 shared placement exclusion lists per account, with a maximum of 65,000 exclusions per list
- 65,000 account-level placement exclusions per account (separate from your list, campaign and ad group exclusions)
- 128,000 total placement exclusions per ad group (this includes the total of your account, list, campaign and ad group exclusions)
- Three placement exclusion lists for each manager account, with a maximum of 250,000 exclusions per list
- 11,000 shared budgets per account
- 25,000 Dynamic Search Ad targets per account
Negative keyword limits
- 20 shared negative keyword lists per account
- 5,000 keywords per negative keyword list
- 10,000 negative keywords per campaign
- A maximum of 5,000 negative keywords are considered for Display Network and Video campaigns
Limits for business data and feeds
- 5 million rows or feed items per account for dynamic ads, ETA ad customisers and extensions
- 40 responsive search ads (RSA) ad customiser attributes
- 100 user-generated feeds or business data sets per account
- 3,000 bytes per attribute (roughly 750-3,000 characters, depending on the byte size of the character)
Ad extension limits
- 250,000 ad group-level extensions per account
- 50,000 campaign-level extensions per account
- 10,000 ad group-level extensions per campaign
Manager account limits
All manager accounts can be linked to a maximum of 85,000 non-manager accounts, including both active and inactive or cancelled accounts. The maximum number of active non-manager accounts that your top-level manager account can be linked to is based on your accounts’ total monthly spend from over the last 12 months. Learn more about maximum account limits for manager accounts
Notwithstanding the above, certain combinations of campaign or creative structures within these limits may overload our systems and processes thereby interfering (or attempting to interfere) with the functioning of our programmes.
- Generating a large number of ad groups or campaigns with few creatives or keywords in each
- Generating responsive ads with significant combinations of creative content, assets, destinations or keywords
Note: If advertisers inadvertently cause an overload on our ads systems or processes, a notification will be issued to them with specific details at least 7 days in advance to remediate the issue. No action will be taken on the advertiser’s Google ads account prior to issuance of the warning notification.