Before you begin
Call ads can use the same phone numbers that you may already be using in your call assets. Learn more about call assets.
How a call ad works
- Your ad wins an auction and is shown on the Search Network.
- Someone taps the ”Call” button in your ad.
- That person’s mobile phone dialer opens with the number set (either your own number or a GFN, depending on your settings).
- The person taps the call button to place the call.
When you create your ads, you'll be asked to enter the following information:
- Two headlines (optional, but recommended)
- Your business name
- Your phone number
- Two lines of description text
- A display path (optional)
- A Final URL (optional, but recommended. If provided, will show a user-facing link to the webpage)
- A verification URL, which is the URL of a webpage that includes your business phone number. This field is not directly displayed on your ad.
These fields are eligible to show when your ad appears on mobile devices, but some may be omitted in order to make the most of the smaller screen space on these devices.
If you’ve provided a Final URL, clicks on your call ad’s headline or description will lead the user to your website landing page and a click on call button will initiate a call directly to your business. If you haven’t provided a Final URL, there will be no tappable headline and the call button will initiate a call. When you enter your verification URL, which can be the landing page URL for your business, that's only to verify your ad and phone number. It will not be directly displayed on your ad. Learn more about phone number verification.
|Information||Example ad||Limit for most languages||Limit for double-width* languages|
|Headline 1 (optional)||Headline 1||30 characters||15 characters|
|Headline 2 (optional)||Headline 2||30 characters||15 characters|
|Business name||Business name||25 characters||12 characters|
|Phone number||Call: (555) 555-5555||none||none|
|Description line 1||Description line 1||90 characters||45 characters|
|Description line 2 (optional)||Description line 2||90 characters||45 characters|
|Display path (2)||
www.example.comNote: The display path will populate with the domain used in either the Final URL or the Verification URL depending what is provided in the creative.
|15 characters||7 characters|
* Double-width languages are languages that use double-width characters like Chinese, Japanese, and Korean.