Maximize clicks: Definition
An automated bid strategy that automatically sets your bids to help get as many clicks as possible within your budget.
- Maximize Clicks is the simplest way to bid for clicks—you set a budget, and Google Ads does the rest. You don't need to choose specific bid amounts for your ad groups, keywords, or placements.
- With Maximize Clicks, you set a daily budget and the Google Ads system automatically sets your maximum cost-per-click (CPC) bids on your behalf, with the goal of getting you the most clicks possible within that budget.
- For more control, you can also set bid limits to prevent your bids from being set over that amount. While setting a bid limit offers tighter control, it might restrict your ad position and the number of clicks that your ad receives.
- If at any time you don't like the bid suggestions, you can easily switch to using Manual CPC bidding, which gives you full control to set the bid amounts yourself.
- Maximize Clicks isn't available with the following:
- Display Network campaigns with the marketing objectives "Engage with content," or App campaigns.
- Bid adjustments based on day and time
- Maximize Clicks was previously referred to as “Automatic bidding”
Was this helpful?
How can we improve it?