A campaign allows you to promote your products or services on Google’s vast network of search results, websites, videos, mobile apps, maps, shopping listings, and more.
You'll choose a campaign type based on your marketing goals, brand strategy, and how much time you’re able to invest.
This article explains how to create a new campaign, and provides links to complete the setup based on your campaign type.
1. Create a new campaign and choose your goal
The first step is to create a new campaign and choose your goal. This goal will help you determine the best campaign type to reach your intended audience.
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- On the left-side menu, click Campaigns.
- Click the plus button , then select New campaign.
- Select a goals for your campaign. If none of the goals fit what you’re looking for, select Create a campaign without a goal’s guidance.
2. Select a campaign type
Your campaign type determines the places online where customers will see your ads.
Each campaign type has a different setup and set of best practices. Refer to the guides included at the end of these instructions to finish setting up your campaign.
- Select a campaign type. If you selected a goal, you’ll see the options for the best campaign types to achieve it.
- If you campaign type has subtypes, choose one.
- Click Continue.
- You’ll be taken to a new page to select your settings, set up ad groups, and create your ads. Follow the guides below to complete these steps based on your campaign type: