About the new Google Ads experience
With easier navigation and exclusive tools, the new Google Ads experience makes it easier to reach new customers and grow your business.
- Exclusive features like call bid adjustments and new Shopping campaigns (goal optimized).
- Create and improve campaigns based on your unique business goals.
- Save time and get more done with faster access to the features you use most.
- Gain actionable insights with new graphs and powerful reporting tools.
- Same Google Ads performance you're used to, so your campaigns continue to run the same way you're already familiar with.
Some names and features have changed in the new Google Ads experience from what you might be used to in the previous experience. Here's a summary of the differences:
|Previous experience||What's changed in the new experience|
|Ad gallery||No longer available as a standalone tool. Create responsive ads, lightbox ads, and Gmail ads during Display campaign set-up.|
|Auction insights||Available at the top of the “Campaigns,” “Ad groups,” and “Keywords” pages|
|Audience lists||Now available during Search campaign creation. When you create a new Search campaign, select Audiences as you choose your campaign settings.|
|Audiences targeting||“Target & bid” now called “Targeting”
“Bid only” now called “Observations"
|"Dimensions" tab reports||Now called "Predefined reports" and available from the reporting icon in the top right of your account|
|Display Planner||No longer available as a standalone tool. You can see your reach and performance estimates during Display campaign creation|
|Gear icon features, Shared library, bulk operations, features under the “Tools” drop-down menu||Moved under the tool icon in the top right of your account|
|Gmail ads||Now available during Display campaign creation. When you create a new Display campaign, choose the “Gmail campaign” subtype.|
|Google Analytics in conversion tracking||No dedicated “Google Analytics” page. You can see your Google Analytics goals when you create a new conversions action and import Analytics goals as conversions.|
|Search Network with Display Select campaigns||
Now available during Search campaign creation. When you create a new Search campaign, choose “Add Display Network.”
Image ads are no longer available in Search Network with Display Select campaigns. Instead, create a responsive ad.
|Total conversion value (“Total conv. value” column header in your data tables)||Now called "conversion value" ("Conv. value" column header in your data tables)|
|Webpages in conversion tracking||To see the webpages where conversions occur, go to your “Conversion actions” table and click on a website conversion action. Then, click Webpages along the top of the page.|
Some of your saved reports cannot be migrated to the new Google Ads experience, or can only be moved with some modifications. The following reports cannot be moved:
- Destination URL performance report
- Managed placement performance report
- Automatic placement performance report
- Placement report
The following reports will be migrated to the new Google Ads experience, but with modifications:
- Reports containing columns that are deprecated in the new Google Ads experience. (The rest of the report can be migrated, but the column cannot)
- Reports containing child accounts no longer managed by your manager account. (Any child accounts will be removed from the list when the report is migrated)
- Reports in .XLSX format will be transformed to .CSV format.
- Reports that use filters whose definition or values have changed in the new Google Ads (for example, the possible values for search term match type), will have these filters removed
- Reports that have a columns not yet supported by Report Editor, such as the following:
- Historical quality score, Landing page experience, Exp CTR, Ad relevance
- Columns from Campaign/Ad Group details report
- For some accounts, as well as specific campaigns from some accounts, report filtering will be modified in order to retain the account-level filter only.
The following columns and segment types won’t be available in the new Google Ads experience:
- Click assisted conv.
- Impr. assisted conv.
- Click assisted conv. value
- Impr. assisted conv. value
- Click-assisted conv./last click conv.
- Impr.assisted conv./last click conv.
Phone call conversions column
- Phone cost
- Avg CPP
- Total cost
- Earned impressions
- Earned social actions
- +1 Annotations
- View type
*Keep in mind that Network (with search partners) is still available
Filters created from the following places in the previous AdWords experience will be moved to the new Google Ads experience:
- Ad Group
- Keywords -> Search Terms
- Keywords -> Keywords
However, if any filters created from the above places reference any of the columns or segments listed in the section above or any of the below conditions, those filters will not be available in the new Google Ads experience:
- Campaign subtype
- Ad group type
- Campaign type (Search Plus only)
Send us feedback
We want to hear about what's working for you in the new Google Ads and what could be improved. To share your thoughts, click the help icon in the upper right side of your account, then click Leave feedback.