Starting mid-March 2022, we're making updates to help you engage more potential customers and make ad extensions easier to manage.
Engage more people with automated extensions:
- Dynamic callout extensions may now show with manually created callout extensions when predicted to improve performance.
- Reporting for individual dynamic callout extensions will now be available.
- You will be able to control which callout extensions (manually created or dynamic) are served by pausing or removing individual callout extensions.
Dynamic callouts are automated extensions that show additional text with your Search ads and help people instantly find out more about your products and services. Appearing automatically, dynamic callouts require no setup and can potentially boost your return on investment.
How they work
When people search for information on Google, they may see ads and search results for similar or related web pages. To help people decide whether to visit your site, your ads may show relevant information about the products and services offered on your site before they click your ad.
Ad · https://www.acmeautoshopca.com
ACME Auto Shop - acmeautoshopca.com
Save 20% on all car repair services. Family owned & operated.
25 years of experience. Book online. Certified technicians.
If an advertiser’s landing page mentions potentially useful information like “25 years of experience,” “Book online,” and “Certified technicians,” that information could automatically show with the ad text as dynamic callouts. They only show when they’re predicted to boost your ad’s performance.
Dynamic callouts can benefit you:
- Save you time: Since callout text reflects existing content found on your site, no additional work is required on your part.
- Help people instantly find out more about your products and services: Dynamic callouts give visitors a preview of your products, services, and special offers before they click on your ad.
- Potentially improve your return on investment: This additional information can increase your ads' relevance and clickthrough rates. This may help you improve your return on investment by focusing on attracting clicks from visitors who are more likely to be interested in what you offer.
Performance and reports
You can access some dynamic callouts performance data from the Ads & extensions page. Here’s how:
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Click All campaigns in the navigation panel on the left.
- Click Ads & extensions in the page menu.
- Click More.
- Select Automated Extensions
- Click Extension type: All, then check the box next to Callout extension and click Apply.
Your eligible ads will also show performance metrics as usual through your existing search ad performance reports.