Customer interaction can be carried out online, in-store or over the phone. Here are tips for driving more business with call ads and call extensions in Google Ads.
1. Determine if driving calls is your most valuable goal
- Decide if you want to prioritize driving clicks to your website or calls to your business.
Why: If the value of calls relative to clicks is high enough, you may want to consider using call ads.
2. Set up your call ads for success
- Write ad text that showcases your company's value and drives customers to call.
Why: Users need a compelling reason to dial their phone.
- Schedule ads that drive calls when you have someone there to answer.
Why: Don't waste your money and your users' time by generating a call you can't accept.
- Use insights from call reporting to make more informed decisions about scheduling staff to answer those calls.
Why: Insights around call lengths and frequencies can inform how you staff and run your call center.
3. Measure the calls you receive
- Use call reporting to track calls from your ads.
Why: This option provides you with details about the calls that you receive and allows you to track calls as online conversions.
- Track calls as conversions.
Why: Conversion tracking helps you identify the keywords, campaigns and more that drive valuable calls. These details can help you optimize your targeting, bidding and budget.
- Track website call conversions.
Why: Not all users call right away - some people need more information from your website before picking up the phone. Regardless of when someone calls you, be sure that you capture that call as an online conversion.
4. Optimize the performance of your call ads
- Understand the different types of conversions your Google Ads campaigns and keywords are driving.
Why: The trends that you notice can influence your strategy. Call-heavy campaigns and keywords may benefit from different bidding and messaging that emphasize calls.
- Bid according to the value that calls deliver to you.
Why: You can do a better job maximizing the return on your marketing investment by understanding a call's value.
- Optimize your website to receive calls - display phone numbers prominently for desktop visitors and enable click-to-call functionality for your mobile visitors.
Why: Optimizing your site itself can have a tremendous effect on your overall call volume, especially when users visit your site on their mobile phones.
- Deliver a great experience when someone calls you.
Why: Cultivating relevant call experiences, just as you do for your landing pages, tends to increase conversion rates and win customers.