About engagements reporting
With the “Engagements” columns in your statistics tables, you can measure how people interact with your Lightbox ads, video, video app promotion, or Showcase Shopping ads.
Engagements occur when customers take the following actions on these ad types:
Lightbox ads: Expand the ad.
Video ads: Interact with an element that doesn’t take them to an external site, such as clicking a teaser or icon to expand a card.
Video app promotion ads: Watch 10 seconds of the video ad (or the entire video ad if it’s shorter than 10 seconds), or click on your video ad.
- Showcase shopping ads: Expand the ad and spend 10 seconds within the ad or clicks before 10 seconds have passed.
The new Google Ads experience is now the exclusive way for most users to manage their accounts. If you’re still using the previous AdWords experience, choose “previous” below. Learn more
Available engagements metrics include:
- "Engagements": When someone expands your Lightbox ad, it's counted in this column.
- "Engagement rate": Engagement rate helps you measure how often people expand your ad after it’s shown to them. Engagement rate is the number of times viewers expand your ad divided by the number of times your ad is shown.
- "Average CPE": This is the average amount that you’ve been charged for an expansion of your ad.
- “Clicks”: This column shows you the actual click-throughs to the landing page. If you segment your report by click type, you will see these clicks broken out in the "Click-throughs from engagements" row. The click-through rate is reported in the "CTR" column, and the average cost-per-click is reported in the "Avg. CPC" column.
- "Free clicks" report: Lightbox ad clicks to a landing page, previously reported in the “Free clicks” report, are now reported in the “Clicks” column.
You may need to add some of these columns to see them in your statistics table. Learn more about how to add columns