The final step is to create responsive ads, which pull products or services from your feed. Google Ads determines which items to include in your ads using feed keys, which are combinations of event parameters (although a feed key may include only 1 parameter). For example, if a user searches for flights from Paris to London, Google Ads will take the feed key “PAR+LON”, and match it with the Origin ID and Destination ID columns in the flights feed. Once the feed key is matched to your feed, Google Ads can show the user ads for flights from Paris to London.
- In the navigation panel on the left-hand side of the page, click Search campaigns, Display campaigns, or the name of the Search or Display campaign you’re creating a responsive ad for.
- In the page menu on the left, click on Ads & extensions.
- Click the plus icon.
- From the drop-down menu, click Responsive ad.
- Click on Select an ad group.
- In the “Select an ad group” window, click on your campaign.
- On the right, click on the name of your ad group.
- Click on Images in the gray box with a plus icon.
- In the next menu, click on a tab and follow the onscreen instructions to select an image.
- Add a short headline, long headline, description, business name, and final URL.
- Optional: Click on Ad URL Options or More Options to further customize your ad.
- You can also preview your ad on the right side of the page.
- Click Save.