The final step is to create responsive display ads, which pull products or services from your feed. Google Ads determines which items to include in your ads using feed keys, which are combinations of event parameters (although a feed key may include only 1 parameter). For example, if a user searches for flights from Paris to London, Google Ads will take the feed key “PAR+LON”, and match it with the Origin ID and Destination ID columns in the flights feed. Once the feed key is matched to your feed, Google Ads can show the user ads for flights from Paris to London.
- From the View bar at the top, select Display campaigns.
Note: If you prefer to use the navigation panel on the left, click Change view in the top left of your Google Ads account.
- In the page menu on the left, click on Ads & assets.
- Click the plus icon.
- From the drop-down menu, click Responsive display ad.
- Click on Select an ad group.
- In the “Select an ad group” window, click on your campaign.
- On the right, click on the name of your ad group.
- Click on Images in the gray box with a plus icon.
- In the next menu, click on a tab and follow the onscreen instructions to select an image or logo. Learn how to create display ads for dynamic remarketing
- Add a short headline, long headline, description, business name, and final URL.
- Recommended: Add promotion text. Here you can include specific information around seasonal and other promotions, for example "40% off all Easter supplies". To include recommended promotional text, Click More options, check the box beside “Dynamic ad options” and add your promotion text.
- Click on Advanced URL options, Additional format options, or More Options to further customize your ad.
- You can also preview your ad on the right side of the page.
- Click Save.