To use cross-account conversions, you’ll need to have more than one Google Ads account and a manager account that’s linked to those accounts.
If you haven’t set up conversion tracking before, follow the steps below.Step 1: Create cross-account conversions within a manager account
When adding the new conversion tracking tag to your website or code to your mobile app, make sure that you leave your old tag or code for the number of days in your chosen conversion window. Also, do not remove your old conversion actions or their tags until your conversion window has passed. Otherwise, you could lose some conversions – specifically those generated from clicks that happened before these changes.
- Before changing any conversion accounts, make sure that you’ve already added the necessary tags to your website. Otherwise, conversions won’t be recorded.
To verify cross-account conversion actions, make sure you've chosen one or more managed accounts to use your manager account's cross-account conversion actions, and that at least one conversion is recorded in a managed account.
To share conversion actions across your managed accounts, set up sharing from within your manager account. Conversion actions cannot be shared between managed accounts.
Follow the steps below to share cross-account conversion actions with your managed accounts:
- Sign in to your manager account at https://ads.google.com.
- Click on the Accounts tab.
- From the page menu on the left, click Settings, then click Sub-account settings along the top. You'll see a full list of your managed accounts.
- Click the Conversion account cell for each account you'd like to edit, click the arrow, and select This manager. Your managed accounts will now use your conversion actions.
When choosing your accounts, remember that any account can’t simultaneously use account-specific conversion actions and cross-account conversion actions. It can only use one or the other. (However, you can switch between the two without losing any conversions.) Also, if an account belongs to more than one manager account, it can only use conversion actions from one manager.
Disabling cross-account conversion tracking
A managed account can switch back to using its account-specific conversion actions again instead of cross-account conversion actions.
Before switching conversion action management back to a managed account, make sure that the conversion tracking tags belonging to those conversion actions are still on the relevant web pages, if necessary. For example, you might have removed these tags when you created a cross-account conversion action. If that’s the case, the managed account will need to generate new tags and add them to the site.
To prevent any conversions from being lost during the transition, leave the tag for the cross-account conversion as long as the number of days in your chosen conversion window.
To stop sharing conversion actions with managed accounts, simply follow the steps above under "Choose accounts for conversion action sharing", but during step 4, select Change to client.Disable cross-account conversion actions in a managed account
Have your managed accounts follow these steps if they’d like to disable cross-account conversion actions.
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- On the "Tools" menu, select Conversions.
- In the left menu, click Settings.
- Click Conversion account.
- Select This account.
- Click Save.