The Google Display Network is used by thousands of advertisers to reach users on hundreds of thousands of websites and apps across all publisher categories, from large, well-known sites to niche sites and audiences. Stated simply, the Google Display Network (GDN) will place your display ads against related content and audiences across thousands of sites.
Our job at Google is to make sure that marketers and agencies are armed with the best tools to help you plan, create, buy and target, and measure and optimize your campaigns.
- Massive scale: With significant global coverage your message will reach more of your target audience, in more places, more often. The Google Display Network comprises both hundreds of large sites and hundreds of thousands of niche sites.
- Measurable performance and maximized results: The Display Network delivers measurable performance for both branding and direct display clients, maximizing their results. For example, our research shows that when advertisers used the Display Network in combination with Search, the median advertiser has a Display Network cost per action (CPA) that's within approximately 2% of their Search CPA. The Google Display Network also drives nearly 20% of total conversions for the median advertiser.*
- Contextual engine: A key driver of the success is Google's ability to harness the power of the best contextual engine on the planet to place ads against the most relevant content. This enables you to find and connect with the most engaged audiences. Research shows that brand recall increases significantly when ads are targeted contextually vs. non-contextually relevant.
- Custom networks through effective targeting: Keyword contextual targeting, along with other targeting technologies available on the Google Display Network such as placement targeting and audience targeting, allows you to build and target to your own custom networks and to find and connect with the right customers more effectively and more often.
- Transparency, actionable insights and value through auction: In terms of campaign management, tools such as the Placement Performance Report, Conversion Optimizer, and Conversion Tracking provide complete transparency into what's working, and what isn't. This gives you the actionable insights you need to help you effectively optimize your campaigns.
With flexible pricing models (CPM, CPC, CPA) as well as the most popular Display Ad formats, and transparency into performance, the Google Display Network drives results every day for thousands of advertisers around the world.