Add Google Analytics data to Google Ads reports
Activate Google signals in order to also import cross device conversions from Google Analytics.Once you’ve linked your Google Analytics and Google Ads accounts, you can import Google Analytics data into Google Ads and see this data in your Google Ads account. This article will show you how to add Google Analytics columns to your Google Ads reports.
If you want an overview of how this data can be helpful and some useful information to keep in mind, see About Google Analytics data in Google Ads reports.
Before you begin
Before you can add Google Analytics data to your Google Ads reports, you’ll need to do the following:
- Enable auto-tagging in your Google Ads accounts.
- Link your Google Ads and Google Analytics accounts. Make sure you import site metrics for the view you want to see in your Google Ads account.
- Activate Google signals in order to also import cross device conversions from Google Analytics.
How to add Google Analytics reporting columns
To see your Google Analytics data in Google Ads, follow the instructions below to add Google Analytics reporting columns to your Google Ads reports:
- Click the tab you want to add Google Analytics columns to: Campaigns, Ad groups, Ads, or Keywords.
- Click the Columns menu and select Modify columns from the drop-down.
- Select Google Analytics.
- To select your columns, click the arrow icon next to each column you’d like to add..
- Click Apply.
Keep in mind
- Everyone who uses your Google Ads account will be able to see your imported Google Analytics metrics.
- To ensure that you're importing the targeted information you need, it's important that you've linked your Google Ads account to all the relevant Google Analytics views. For example, if your Google Ads account has keywords and ads that target landing pages on 4 different websites, it's important that you link your Google Ads account to a Google Analytics view for each of the 4 sites.
- You can import Analytics data into your Google Ads account from only 1 view per property, from a maximum of 10 properties.
- If you don't tag every page you want to track in Google Analytics, you won't get the complete data you're looking for.
- Mobile app property metrics can't be imported from Google Analytics.
- You can't segment Google Analytics metrics by some dimensions, such as device.