Activate Google signals in order to also import cross device conversions from Google Analytics.Once you’ve linked your Google Analytics and Google Ads accounts, you can import Google Analytics data into Google Ads and see this data in your Google Ads account. This article will show you how to add Google Analytics columns to your Google Ads reports.
If you want an overview of how this data can be helpful and some useful information to keep in mind, see About Google Analytics data in Google Ads reports.
Before you begin
Before you can add Google Analytics data to your Google Ads reports, you’ll need to do the following:
- Enable auto-tagging in your Google Ads accounts.
- Link Google Analytics 4 properties and Google Ads. Ensure you import site metrics for the view you want to see in your Google Ads account.
- Activate Google signals in order to also import cross device conversions from Google Analytics.
- Check the status message in the “Actions” column in the reporting table to make sure the Google Analytics data was imported. To find the “Actions” column, go to Google Ads, click the Admin icon , select Linked accounts, and then click Google Analytics.
Note: In most cases, it takes less than an hour for the data and columns to be visible in Google Ads, but the process may take longer for larger accounts.
How to add Google Analytics reporting columns
To see your Google Analytics data in Google Ads, follow the instructions below to add Google Analytics reporting columns to your Google Ads reports:
- Click the tab you want to add Google Analytics columns to: Campaigns, Ad groups, Ads, or Search keywords.
- Click the Columns icon, you’ll find “Modify columns for campaigns”.
- From the options available select Google Analytics drop-down.
- To select your columns, click the checkboxnext to each column you’d like to add.
- Click Apply. You’ll now see Google Analytics data in your Google Ads reports.
Keep in mind
- As of October 2019, Google Analytics data collected prior to May 2016 isn’t available in the Google Ads. If you need Google Analytics data prior to May 2016, go to Google Analytics.
- Everyone who uses your Google Ads account will be able to see your imported Google Analytics metrics.
- To ensure that you're importing the targeted information you need, it's important that you've linked your Google Ads account to all the relevant Google Analytics views. For example, if your Google Ads account has keywords and ads that target landing pages on 4 different websites, it's important that you link your Google Ads account to a Google Analytics view for each of the 4 sites.
- You can import Analytics data into your Google Ads account from only 1 view per property, from a maximum of 10 properties.
- If you don't tag every page you want to track in Google Analytics, you won't get the complete data you're looking for.
- Mobile app property metrics can't be imported from Google Analytics.
- You can't segment Google Analytics metrics by some dimensions, such as device.