The Google Ads Application Programming Interface (API) is designed for developers representing large, tech-savvy advertisers and third parties. This includes agencies, search engine marketers (SEMs), and other online marketing professionals who manage multiple client accounts or large campaigns.
The Google Ads API (AdWords API) lets developers build applications that interact directly with the Google Ads server. With these applications, advertisers and third parties can more efficiently and creatively manage their large or complex Google Ads accounts and campaigns.
How you can use the API
Because implementing the Google Ads API (AdWords API) takes technical know-how and programming skills, best results can be achieved by advertisers who employ software developers.
the API is flexible and functional -- you can use it to build an application that meets your needs. Using the API, you can:
- Automatically generate keywords, ad text, landing pages and custom reports.
- Integrate Google Ads data with your inventory system to manage campaigns based on stock.
- Develop additional tools and applications to help you manage accounts.
And you can even develop in the language of your choice. The Google Ads API (AdWords API) SOAP interface is supported by all popular programming languages, including Java, PHP, Python, .NET, Perl and Ruby.
Getting Started with the API
Signing up is easy. All you need is an active Google Ads account. Once you've registered as a developer, you can access the Google Ads API (AdWords API) Center to manage your token and budget settings. Your developer token is a unique combination of letters, numbers and characters that identifies your Google Ads API (AdWords API) activity. It's your key to talking to the Google Ads server and your clients' Google Ads accounts.
- Register for Google Ads API (AdWords API) access
- Read the Getting Started tutorial, which demonstrates how to add a new campaign
- Download a client library to start using the Google Ads API (AdWords API) with the programming language of your choice
- Join the Google Ads API (AdWords API) Announcements group to receive important updates
- Visit the Google Ads API (AdWords API) Forum
- Read Google Ads API (AdWords API) success stories (Available only in English)