How to remove an ad
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- On the page menu on the left, click Ads & extensions.
- Select the tick box next to the ad that you want to remove.
- At the top of the ad statistics table, click the Edit drop-down menu.
- Select Remove.
Bear in mind
Once your ad is removed, you won't be able to re-enable it. However, you can still review the performance of your removed ad by clicking the 3-dot icon at the top right of the table and selecting 'Show removed'. Removed ads will now appear in your statistics table.
How to remove multiple ads
If you want to make changes to multiple campaigns, ads, ad groups, and more in bulk, you might want to use bulk uploads or AdWords Editor. With either product, you can download a spreadsheet, make changes offline, then upload the changes to your account.
- Are you considering removing poorly performing ads? Follow our recommendations to make high-quality, relevant ads that will perform better and get you results.
- Try pausing your ads rather than removing them. You can pause an ad and create a new one to experiment with different ad text, and compare how well your paused ads perform with your new ads.