Google offers different types of accounts to different types of users. Until recently, we offered two primary types of accounts that were completely separate services:
Google Accounts (personal):
- Provide access to all Google products and services, such as Gmail, Blogger, Orkut, and Web History.
- Can be created with any email address, such as the email address you have with your organization, or with any webmail address (@yahoo.com, @hotmail.com, etc.).
- Signing up for Gmail automatically creates a Google Account with an @gmail.com address.
Google Apps Accounts (organizational):
- Issued by and used with your @my-domain.com organization.
- Provided access to only Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Sites, Groups, and Video.
If you've used other Google products outside of the ones you can access with your Google Apps account, such as Google Ads, you've already created a conflicting Google Account.