Create a new text ad
Once you've signed up for Google Ads and created a campaign, you can start creating ads. To effectively reach potential customers, your text ads should be informative, relevant, and engaging. Here's an example of a text ad on the Search Network. Text ads on the Display Network typically have more visually engaging formats. Learn more About text ads on the Display Network.
The new Google Ads experience is now the exclusive way for most users to manage their accounts. If you’re still using the previous AdWords experience, choose Previous below. Learn more
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- In the page menu on the left, click Ads & extensions.
- Click the plus button and select the “Text ad” option.
- Enter a final URL, headline text, description text, and text in the optional “Path” fields. As you type, a mobile and desktop version of your ad will appear instantly in the "Ad preview."
- When you're satisfied with your new text ad, click Save ad.
Before your saved ad starts showing to customers, Google Ads reviews its content and formatting to make sure it meets our advertising policies.