On the “Transactions” page, you can:
- Review all of your account's transactions (each campaign’s accrued costs, as well as your account’s payments, adjustments and taxes)
- Print or download invoices
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Click the gear icon and under 'Settings and billing', choose Summary under the 'Billing' column.
- From the menu on the left, click Transactions.
What’s on your Transactions page
All your transactions are organised by month, and will show from newest to oldest, with the month’s starting balance at the bottom, and ending balance at the top. Note that transactions are always shown in Pacific Standard Time (PST), even if your account is set to a different time zone.
Here's what you'll see for different transactions.
|"Date" column||"Description" column||"Amount" column|
Date range will display the entire month regardless of when the ads served.
|Campaign name and number of accrued clicks, impressions or views corresponding to the cost||A positive number showing costs accrued by the campaign that month|
|Payments||Date payment processed||Payment type (automatic vs. manual) and payment method used for a payment||A negative number showing the payment amount|
Date range will display the entire month regardless of when the specific adjustment was applied.
|Adjustment type (for example, 'Overdelivery credit' or 'Invalid activity')||A negative number showing amount account received for an adjustment type that month|
|Promotions||Date that the promotion credit began spending||Promotion name or type||
The percentage (%) of your credit that was spent during this billing cycle. You can find the full amount of your promotion in the Promotions page.
Once active (i.e. after spent requirements of your promotion are met), a promotion credit will be used up in full before we use your existing balance or charge your instrument on file. Any unspent credit will roll over to the next billing cycle, until you’ve used it all.
|Taxes, if applicable||First date of the month||Tax type, tax rate and total taxed amount||A positive or negative number showing tax associated to costs or adjustments|
|Country-specific fees, if applicable||For countries where fees apply, the date range will display the entire month regardless of when the ads are served.||Country-specific fee type, rate and total amount||A positive or negative number showing country-specific fees associated to costs or adjustments|
In addition, depending on your payment setting, you may see other payment-related line items on your 'Transactions' page.
Transaction line items for automatic payments
- Automatic payment scheduled: An automatic bank account payment will take place in the next few days. This status is shown only for accounts on automatic payments with a bank account assigned as the primary payment method. Once the payment has been completed, it'll show as automatic payment.
- Payment pending or automatic payment pending: A payment is underway. Once the payment has been completed, it'll show as a Payment or automatic payment.
- Automatic payment declined: An automatic payment that was attempted wasn't successful – if your bank declined the payment, for example. This will only be shown for credit card declines. For direct debit declines, you'll see Automatic payment cancelled.
- Automatic payment cancelled: A direct debit payment initiated by Google was cancelled by your bank. You'll see a corresponding Automatic payment line item where Google first credits the money to your account (the amount will show as a negative number). With the Automatic payment cancelled line item, Google will debit your account to balance out the payment that was initially credited to your account (the amount will show as a positive number).
- Automatic payment failed: This happens very rarely, and it means that a payment initiated by Google failed on our side. If this happens, we'll try to make the payment again.
Transaction line items for manual payments
- Payment: A payment that you've initiated that's been applied to your account.
- Payment declined: A payment that you attempted to make that wasn't successful because your bank declined the payment.
- Payment failed: This happens very rarely, and it means that a payment that you initiated failed on Google's side. Please try again later. If your payments keep failing, please contact support.
- Payment refunded: A payment that you initiated was refunded back to your credit card or bank account. The refunded amount will show as a negative number.
How to customise your Transactions page
By default, the page will show all transactions over the last three months. At the top of the page are filters for customising your view.
“Detailed transaction view” or “Summary view”
You can switch between these views with the leftmost dropdown menu.
In the default “Detailed Transaction” view, you can see the following:
- Total costs accrued by each campaign over a month.
- Every payment that your account made that month
- Every adjustment made to your account that month
- In the "Summary" view, you can see total monthly amounts by transaction type at a quick glance (for example, monthly totals for costs, payments and adjustments).
Filter to see all transactions, or just your costs, payments, adjustments, promotions or taxes, with the middle drop-down menu.
Filter by month with the rightmost dropdown menu.