On the “Transactions” page, you can:
- Review all of your account's transactions (each campaign’s accrued costs, as well as your account’s payments, adjustments and taxes)
- Print or download invoices
Sign in to your Google Ads account.
Click the tool icon and under "Billing" choose Billing summary.
- From the menu on the left, click Transactions.
What’s on your Transactions page
All your transactions are organised by month, and will show from newest to oldest, with the month’s starting balance at the bottom, and ending balance at the top. Note that transactions are always shown in Pacific Standard Time (PST), even if your account is set to a different time zone.
Here's what you'll see for different transactions.
|"Date" column||'Description' column||'Amount' column|
|Costs||Date range in which a campaign showed ads and accrued costs. For example, for May, if the first day that your campaign began accruing costs was 5 May, and the last day was 27 May, you’d see 5–27 May 2018.||Campaign name and number of accrued clicks, impressions or views corresponding to the cost||A positive number showing costs accrued by the campaign that month|
|Payments||Date payment processed||Payment type (automatic vs. manual) and payment method used for a payment||A negative number showing the payment amount|
|Adjustments||Date range in which the account received adjustments of a specific type. For example, if you received 3 overdelivery credits on 4, 12 and 31 May, the date range would show as 4–31 May 2018.||Adjustment type (for example, 'Overdelivery credit' or 'Invalid activity')||A negative number showing amount account received for an adjustment type that month|
|Date range for which account was taxed||Tax type, tax rate and total taxed amount||A positive number showing tax charged to account|
In addition, depending on your payment setting, you may see other payment-related line items on your “Transactions” page.
Transaction line items for automatic payments
- Automatic payment scheduled: An automatic bank account payment will take place in the next few days. This status is shown only for accounts on automatic payments with a bank account assigned as the primary payment method. Once the payment has been completed, it'll show as Automatic payment.
- Payment pending or Automatic payment pending: A payment is underway. Once the payment has been completed, it'll show as a Payment or Automatic payment.
- Automatic payment declined: An automatic payment that we attempted that wasn't successful – if your bank declined the payment, for example. This will only be shown for credit card declines. For direct debit declines, you'll see Automatic payment cancelled.
- Automatic payment cancelled: A direct debit payment initiated by Google was cancelled by your bank. You'll see a corresponding Automatic payment line item where we first credit the money to your account (the amount will show as a negative number). With the Automatic payment cancelled line item, we debit your account to balance out the payment that was initially credited to your account (the amount will show as a positive number).
- Automatic payment failed: This happens very rarely, and it means that a payment initiated by Google failed on our side. If this happens, we'll try to make the payment again.
Transaction line items for manual payments
- Payment: A payment you've initiated that's been applied to your account.
- Payment declined: A payment that you attempted to make that wasn't successful because your bank declined the payment.
- Payment failed: This happens very rarely, and it means that a payment that you initiated failed on Google's side. Try again. If your payments keep failing, please contact support.
- Payment refunded: A payment that you initiated was refunded back to your credit card or bank account. The refunded amount will show as a negative number.
How to customise your Transactions page
By default, the page will show all transactions over the last three months. At the top of the page are filters for customising your view.
“Detailed transaction view” or “Summary view”
You can switch between these views with the leftmost dropdown menu.
In the default “Detailed Transaction” view, you can see the following:
- Total costs accrued by each campaign over a month.
- Every payment that your account made that month
- Every adjustment made to your account that month
- In the "Summary" view, you can see total monthly amounts by transaction type at a quick glance (for example, monthly totals for costs, payments and adjustments).
Filter to see all transactions, or just your costs, payments, adjustments or taxes, with the middle dropdown menu.
Filter by month with the rightmost dropdown menu.