Topic targeting can help you show your ads on multiple websites about a specific subject at the same time. You can combine topic targeting with other content targeting types (for example, placements and keywords), and your ads will target any of the selected content in your ad group to help you reach a broader audience.
How to add topics
- In your Google Ads account, go to the Views bar at the top.
- Click the Views drop down menu and select Display campaigns.
Note: If you prefer to use the navigation panel on the left, click Change view in the top right of your Google Ads account.
- Click the Audiences, keywords, and content drop down in the section menu.
- Click Content.
- In the “Ad group” column, click the ad group you want to edit.
- Click the pencil icon and select Edit topics.
- Select either Targeting (recommended) or Observation.
- Optional: In the table, choose specific topics to narrow your targeting.
- Click Save.