Can I use a different address for an individual ad if I've already enabled location extensions in campaign settings?
Yes. You may find it more effective to manage the address shown with your ads at the individual ad level instead of at the campaign level. For example, you may be trying to link a specific ad and unique landing page with a specific business location.
However, we strongly recommend that you do this sparingly, since it's harder to manage these ads especially as your campaigns grow and change over time. You may also receive a lower number of impressions for these ads due to the ad-level restriction. With location extensions at the campaign-level, Google can automatically show your location extension to any relevant user wherever they're located.
If you do decide to use ad-level location extensions, we recommend that you use very location-specific ad text or a very location-specific landing page to maximize the relevance and impact of the ad for users.
To set a different address for a specific ad than the addresses you're using at the campaign level, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com.
- Navigate to the ad group you want to edit.
- Click the Ads tab.
- Click the edit icon next to the ad you want to edit.
- Click Always show with one address.
- Select an address from the list. The addresses available are all eligible to appear for any ad within the same campaign.
- Click Choose.