You can measure behavioral data about your site with Google Ads and Google Analytics. Follow the steps in this article to set up a tag for your Google Ads or Google Analytics account with BigCommerce.
Before you begin
You can integrate your BigCommerce account with Google Ads or Google Analytics for free. To set up integration, you’ll need a valid BigCommerce account.
The instructions for setting up the Google tag with BigCommerce are different for tag IDs starting with "AW-" (usually, Google Ads accounts) and tag IDs starting with "G-" (usually, Google Analytics properties).
If you have a tag starting with "AW-"
- In your BigCommerce account, on the page menu on the left, click Apps.
- From the dropdown menu, select Marketplace and click the BIGCOMMERCE.COM/APPS button.
- Search for “Google Ads and Listings” in the search box and click the Ads and Listings on Google app.
- Click GET THIS APP.
- When prompted, click Log in to sign in to your store.
- On the “Marketplace” page, click Install.
- Review the terms of service, check the acknowledgment box, and click Confirm.
- After you’ve confirmed, you can begin setup. Select your storefront and country, then click Continue. Your storefront must be set up and launched to proceed.
- Click Sign in with Google. After you sign in, a popup will open to grant necessary permissions.
- After permissions are granted, click Continue.
- Choose a Google Merchant Account connected to your Google Account from the dropdown and click Connect. You can also click Create new account to create a new Merchant Center account.
- After you’ve connected your account, click Continue.
- Choose a Google Ads Account connected to your Google Account from the dropdown, then click Connect. You can also click Create new Account to create a new Ads account.
- After you’ve connected your account, click Activate channel. Your account is now configured for Google Ads.
If you have a tag starting with "G-"
- In your BigCommerce account, on the page menu on the left, click Settings.
- Scroll down the settings list. In the “Advanced” section, choose Data Solutions.
- In the “Web analytics” section and on the same row as “Google Analytics 4”, click Connect.
- Paste your Google tag in the box provided and click Connect to deploy your Google tag to your BigCommerce site.