Use the "Switch to DDA" page in the attribution reports in Google Ads to quickly switch eligible conversion actions from rules-based attribution models (such as "Last click" or "Linear") to data-driven attribution.
About data-driven attribution
Data-driven attribution gives credit for conversions based on how people engage with your various ads and decide to become your customers. When possible, it uses data from your account to determine which keywords, ads, and campaigns have the greatest impact on your business goals. Data-driven attribution looks at website, store visit, and Google Analytics conversions from Search (including Shopping), YouTube, Display, and Discovery ads.
By switching from a rules-based model to data-driven attribution, you can:
- Learn which keywords, ads, ad groups, and campaigns play the biggest role in helping you reach your business goals.
- Optimize your bidding based on your specific account's performance data.
Auto-switch conversion actions
Some conversion actions may be selected for automatically switching to data-driven attribution. If you have administrative access to your Google Ads account, you'll receive an email 30 days before any changes will take place. You can do nothing to let the scheduled switch happen, or you can go to the "Switch to DDA" page to opt out or switch earlier.
- In your Google Ads account, click the Goals icon .
- Click the Measurements drop down in the section menu.
- Click Attribution.
- Select the Switch to DDA tab at the top of the page.
- To switch the attribution model for a specific conversion action, click Switch now in that row.
- To switch the attribution model for:
- Multiple conversion actions at once, check the box in front of each conversion action, and select Change attribution model to DDA from the "Edit" drop-down menu at the top of the table.
- All eligible conversion actions, check the box in front of the "Conversion action" column header, and select Change attribution model to DDA from the "Edit" drop-down menu at the top of the table
- Read the confirmation pop-up, and click Done.
To proactively manage your account's performance, review these best practices for managing attribution model changes.
The "Data-driven attribution (DDA) eligibility" status column shows whether each conversion action is eligible to use the Data-driven model.
Some types of conversion actions need to have 3,000 ad interactions and 300 conversions over 30 days to be eligible for data-driven attribution. To remain eligible, these conversion actions must continue to generate 2,000 ad interactions and 200 conversions every 30 days.