In furtherance of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) regulations, all automatic payments using credit and debit cards need to follow the new guidelines by September 30, 2021. While the deadline for ensuring full compliance with the RBI regulations was extended until September 30, 2021, this extension does not apply to new Google Ads accounts. For that reason, the following applies:
- The automatic payments option will be temporarily unavailable for new Ads accounts until further notice
- Advertisers currently using monthly invoicing or manual payments will not be able to switch to automatic payment option until further notice
At any time, if your account has stopped running due to a decline of your automatic payment, follow the steps below:
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Click the tools icon and then under "Billing" choose Summary.
- Click Make a payment.
- Complete the flow and pay for your owed amount (or more than your owed amount if you’d like) manually.
- Click Payment Methods.
- Look for your primary card and check if there's a "Fix" option link below it. If so, click Fix.
- Check to make sure that all the card details are correct and click Update.
You can also make manual payments in advance to keep your account(s) in a credit position, ensuring you have enough funds available to cover future advertising (rather than waiting for an automatic payment to be triggered and possibly declined, which would cause your ads to stop serving).