Conversion value rules lets you better express the value of conversions as they relate to your business, and easily adjust values for conversions based on geographic location, device type and audiences at auction time bidding in real time.
Once you’ve set up your conversion value rules you can review your rules, if you need to make any changes. You can also view your conversion value rules reporting within your existing campaign reports. Learn more about conversion value rules.
View your conversion value rules
If you’re looking for more information about your conversion value rules, you can review your rules from the values rules page. To do so:
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- In the upper right corner, click the tools icon . Under "Measurement," select Conversions.
- On the left panel, click Value rules. You’ll see the conversion value rules you created in the conversion values report.
Here you can make changes to your rules, remove rules, or add new rules. Learn more about setting up conversion value rules. General conversion value rules reporting can be found within your existing conversions and campaign reporting.
About your conversion value rules reporting
You can adjust your conversion value by using conversion value rules. You’ll be able to see those adjustments in your existing reports where conversion value is used (for example, campaign reporting).
Conversion value rules will work for both optimization and reporting. The same adjusted value that is determined at bidding time will be used for reporting. Conversion value rules are available for Search, Display, and Shopping campaigns.
Values will be adjusted across all campaigns, including those using manual or Target CPA or Maximize conversion value bidding. However, only value-based bid strategies like Target ROAS bidding or Maximize conversion value bidding (where supported) will automatically optimize to the new values.
If you’d like to review specific conversion value rules reporting, you can segment your reports.
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- From the page menu, click Campaigns.
- Click the segment icon and select Conversions, then Value rule adjustment.
- Select one of the segment options below:
- Original value (rule applied): Total original value of conversions which then had a value rule applied.
- Original value (no rule applied): Total recorded value of conversions that did not have a value rule applied.
- Audience, Location, or Device: The net adjustment when value rules were applied.
The total conversion value is the sum of “Original Value (rule applied)”, “Original Value (no rule applied)”, and the adjustments made by Audience, Location, or Device value rules. The total original value of the conversions is the sum of the two Original value segments.
Let’s say you sell $50 of books to customers in New York and $100 of books to customers in California.You set up a value rule to multiple value by 2 for customers from New York, so your total conversion value = $200 (2 x 50 + 100).
- Your “Original value (rule applied)” = $50 of books sold to customers in New York.
- Your “Original value (no rule applied)” = $100 of books sold to customers in California.
- Your “Location” adjustment = $50 adjustment increase to the value of customers in New York.
You can add the conversion value rules column to your statistics table. Reporting for conversion value rules applies to all conversions, not just the ones in the ‘conversions’ column.
Store visits reporting
You can view store visits and conversion value rules segmentation if both store visits reporting columns and conversion value rules segmentation is selected. The conversion value rules adjustment will show in the “Store visit value” column.