You can now opt in to apply a certain subset of recommendations automatically to your account, which can improve your account performance and save time. Auto-applying recommendations won't increase your budget, so continue to review the "Recommendations" page to ensure your budget isn’t limiting your performance. This feature can be turned on or off at any time by updating your auto-apply settings.
How it works
You can automatically apply recommendations from the top bar of the recommendations section. From there, you’ll be able to select which recommendations you’d like to apply automatically.
Types of recommendations that can be applied automatically
Currently, you can only automatically apply a select number of recommendations. To get a full list of all possible recommendations, review Types of recommendations.
- You can only apply recommendations automatically on the account level.
- Recommendations are only applied when they’re relevant. Hence some recommendations may be automatically applied frequently while others may never be automatically applied.
Ads and extensions
"Ads and extensions" recommendations help you refine your ads, create new ads, show your best ads most often, and organize your ads into better ad groups. Extensions recommendation types, in particular, help maximize the performance of your ads and can improve your ads’ click through rates.
- Add responsive search ads.
- Improve your Responsive Search Ads.
- Use optimized ad rotation.
Bidding and budgets
"Bidding and budgets" recommendations can help you find the right bid strategy to meet your business goals, and help ensure your campaigns aren't limited by budget.
- Adjust your CPA targets.
- Adjust your ROAS targets.
- Bid more efficiently with Enhanced CPC.
- Bid more efficiently with Maximize click.
- Bid more efficiently with Maximize conversions.
- Bid more efficiently with Target CPA.
- Bid more efficiently with Target impression share.
- Bid more efficiently with Target ROAS.
- Set a target CPA.
- Set a target ROAS.
- Set a bidding strategy target.
- Upgrade your conversion tracking.
Keywords and targeting
"Keywords and targeting" recommendations can help you reach more people who are interested in what you offer.
- Add audiences.
- Add audience segments for reporting.
- Add dynamic search ads.
- Add keywords.
- Expand your reach with Google search partners.
- Remove duplicate keywords.
- Remove non-serving keywords.
- Remove conflicting negative keywords.
- Use targeting expansion.
It's recommended to comprehensively add negative keywords to exclude search terms from your campaigns. You can add negative keywords across your campaigns through an MCC or individual account. This helps you focus only on the keywords that matter to your customers.
If you use Dynamic Keyword Insertion (DKI), the search terms not included as negative keywords could appear in your ad text. Additionally, if you’ve enabled auto-apply for the “Add keyword” recommendation and are using DKI, any ad groups using DKI won’t automatically apply the keywords. Learn more about negative keywords
Timing and recommendation queue
When you opt in to automatically apply recommendations, we’ll know which recommendations are eligible for you on a daily basis. You can view which recommendations you're opted-in to from the “Manage” or “History” tab. Learn more about how to Manage recommendations that you opt-in to apply automatically
You can also easily find recommendations that are automatically applied from the recommendations table view.