You can now apply recommendations automatically to your account. When you turn on "Automatically apply recommendations", the recommendations will apply regularly. You are always in control, so you can review which recommendations will run on a given day from the queue on the main "Recommendations" page. From here, you can review recommendation details and dismiss recommendations that do not align with your advertising goals.
At the account level in card view, you’ll find the queue at the bottom of the "Recommendations" page.
You can either select a set of recommendations from bundles ("Maintain your ads" or "Grow your business") or manually select recommendations in each category.
Auto-applying recommendations won't increase your budget, so continue to review the "Recommendations" page to ensure your budget isn’t limiting your performance. This feature can be turned on or off at any time by updating your auto-apply settings.
How it works
You can automatically apply recommendations from the top bar of the "Recommendations" section. From there, you’ll be able to select which recommendations you’d like to apply automatically.
Types of recommendations that can be applied automatically
Currently, you can only automatically apply a select number of recommendations. To get a full list of all possible recommendations, review Types of recommendations.
- You can only apply recommendations automatically on the account level.
- Recommendations are only applied when they’re relevant. Hence, some recommendations may be automatically applied frequently while others may never be automatically applied.
- You can review the “History” tab for a summary of recent applied recommendations. You can also visit the "Change History" page to view or update individual recommendations applied.
Ads and assets
"Ads and assets" recommendations help you refine your ads, create new ads, show your best ads most often, and organize your ads into better ad groups. Assets recommendation types, in particular, help maximize the performance of your ads and can improve your ads’ click through rates.
- Add Responsive Search Ads. Headline and description line assets will come from your existing content including your ad’s final URL or assets in the same ad group. You can control where individual headlines and descriptions appear in your ad by pinning headlines and descriptions to specific positions. Learn more About responsive search ads
- Improve your Responsive Search Ads. Headline and description line assets will come from your existing content including your ad’s final URL or assets in the same ad group. Your pinned asset preferences will be respected. Learn more About responsive search ads
- Add dynamic search ads.
- Use optimized ad rotation.
"Bidding" recommendations can help you find the right bid strategy to meet your business goals, and help ensure your campaigns aren't limited by budget.
- Adjust your CPA targets.
- Adjust your ROAS targets.
- Bid more efficiently with Maximize click.
- Bid more efficiently with Maximize conversions.
- Bid more efficiently with Target CPA.
- Bid more efficiently with Target impression share.
- Bid more efficiently with Target ROAS.
- Set a target CPA.
- Set a target ROAS.
- Set a bidding strategy target.
- Add store visits as an account default goal.
Keywords and targeting
"Keywords and targeting" recommendations can help you reach more people who are interested in what you offer.
- Add audiences.
- Add audience segments for reporting.
- Add dynamic search ads. Headline assets will come from content on your website.
- Add keywords.
- Expand your reach with Google search partners.
- Remove redundant keywords.
- Remove non-serving keywords.
- Remove conflicting negative keywords.
- Use targeting expansion.
- Upgrade your existing keywords to broad match.
- Use Display expansion.
- Upgrade your conversion tracking.
It's recommended to comprehensively add negative keywords to exclude search terms from your campaigns. You can add negative keywords across your campaigns through an MCC or individual account. This helps you focus only on the keywords that matter to your customers.
If you use Dynamic Keyword Insertion (DKI), the search terms not included as negative keywords could appear in your ad text. Additionally, if you’ve turned on auto-apply for the “Add keyword” recommendation and are using DKI, any ad groups using DKI won’t automatically apply the keywords. Learn more about negative keywords
Timing and recommendation queue
When you turn on auto-apply recommendations, we’ll know which recommendations are eligible for you on a daily basis. You can view which recommendations you're opted-in to from the “Manage” or “History” tab. Learn more about how to Manage recommendations that you opt-in to apply automatically
You can also easily find recommendations that are automatically applied from the recommendations table view.