Video reach campaigns replace the current method for building a Video campaign with bumper ads, non-skippable in-stream ads, and skippable in-stream ads when you use the “Brand awareness and reach” goal. Video ad sequence and outstream campaigns aren’t affected by this change. If the instructions below don't match your current experience, go to Create a Video reach campaign.
TrueView for Reach helps you reach viewers on YouTube and across the web using skippable in-stream ads. Compared to campaigns that use skippable in-stream ads with CPV bidding, ads in TrueView for Reach campaigns are optimized to deliver more unique reach at a lower cost using Target CPM bidding.
- Efficient impression delivery: TrueView for Reach can help you deliver more impressions at a lower cost, which could result in more reach or greater frequency (depending on the current settings of your campaign).
- Simple CPM buying: You can easily manage your TrueView for Reach campaigns by setting a target CPM bid to reach consumers in your audience.
- Drive results with attentive reach: With TrueView for Reach, you can capture attention with YouTube’s industry-leading ad viewability.
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- In the page menu, click Campaigns.
- Click the plus button , then select New campaign.
- Select Brand awareness and reach as your goal.
- Select Video as your campaign type.
- Choose Skippable in-stream as your campaign subtype.
- Click Continue.
- Enter a name for your campaign.
- Enter details about your campaign, such as the bid strategy, budget, and other campaign details.
- (Optional) To limit how many times that ads are shown to the same user, click Additional settings, then click Cap impression frequency in the “Frequency capping” section. When you cap impression frequency, you enter the number of impressions that you want to cap and set the frequency on a per day, per week, or per month basis.
Make sure that your frequency cap fits into your overall goal.
- If you want ads in the campaign to show to as many people as possible, don’t set a frequency cap.
- If you want to reach the greatest number of unique users, set your frequency cap to 1 per month.
- If you have a frequency goal in mind, use that goal for the frequency cap.
- Enter a name for your ad group.
- Choose the demographics and audience types you want to reach.
Use a broad audience targeting strategy for the best reach and efficient CPMs.
- Choose the keywords, topics, and placements where you want your ads to show.
- Set your Target CPM bid amount.
Check the "Campaign estimates" widget to see an estimate on the available impressions and estimated performance. The estimated performance is a combination of targeting, budget, and bids. You can adjust your campaign settings to achieve your desired result.
Keep in mind that if your bid is too low, your campaign may not perform well in the Google Ads auction and you may not spend your full budget.
- In the “Create your video ad” section, search for a video you’ve uploaded, or enter the video URL from YouTube. “Skippable in-stream ad” is automatically selected as the ad format.
For best results, use 15 to 20 second videos.
- Enter the final URL, which is the landing page you want people to reach when they click your ad.
- Enter the display URL, which can be a shorter version of the final URL, or the same as the final URL.
- (Optional) Enter a call-to-action, which should be compelling and direct people to the website specified in the final URL.
- Enter a headline, which will appear as the primary line of text that promotes your product or service.
- (Optional) Click Ad URL options (advanced) to add a tracking template, final URL suffix, or custom parameters to the final URL.
- Select either an image that's automatically generated from the videos in your YouTube channel (recommended) or an image that you manually upload as your companion banner. Companion banners appear on computers only.
- Enter a name for your ad.
- Click Create campaign.