YouTube audio ads allow you to tap into audiences who are listening to music, podcasts, or other audio content on YouTube. Using YouTube audio ads, you can expand your reach and increase brand awareness for your target audience.
- Efficient reach: Extends reach of video campaigns into new inventory at a low cost.
- Simplified buying: Buying and campaign setup is the same as other YouTube ad formats.
- Streamlined targeting and measurement features: Use advanced audiences, get access to the latest version of Brand Lift measurement, and see your reporting in Google Ads.
- Lower creative production costs: Audio ads are often cheaper to produce than video ads, as the recommended visual component is a still image or a simple animation.
- Support for Instant Reserve: Audio ads can also be bought using the Instant Reserve buying plan. Learn more about Instant Reserve.
Before you begin
Political content isn’t allowed for audio ads during the beta.
|Required asset file||A link to your YouTube video (make sure to upload the video to YouTube)|
|Ad length||Maximum: 15 seconds|
|File size||Maximum: 128GB|
426 x 240 (240p)
640 x 360 (360p)
854 x 480 (480p)
1280 x 720 (720p)
1920 x 1080 (1080p)
2560 x 1440 (1440p)
3840 x 2160 (2160p)
|Aspect ratio||16:9 (if 4:3, black bars are added on the sides of the image or animation)|
Best practicesYouTube audio ads run during long listening sessions and when YouTube is playing in the background. Use these best practices when you create the ad.
- Focus on sound: YouTube audio ads should focus on the audio component, so use assets with light animation or a static image with a call-to-action. During the beta, upload your creative as a YouTube URL.
- Have a consistent tone and tempo: For a 15 second ad, aim for 40 words when using a voiceover in the ad.
- Be conversational: A friendly tone helps transition listeners between entertainment content and ads.
- Include a call-to-action in the audio or in the video creative: Offer an opportunity for listeners to take the next step, such as reading or showing a short link to your website in the ad.
- Comply with our policies: Ads shouldn’t be overly intrusive to listeners, so make sure to comply with the Google Ads policies.
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- In the page menu on the left, click Video campaigns.
- Click the plus button , then select New campaign.
- Select the Brand awareness and reach goal.
- Select the Video campaign type.
- Select Audio as your campaign subtype.
- Click Continue.
- (Instant Reserve campaigns only) Expand the "Buying plan" section, then select Instant Reserve. Learn more about Instant Reserve.
- Enter details about your campaign, such as the bid and the budget.
- Add targeting to your ad group. For optimal results, make sure that your targeting isn’t too narrow.
- To use Made for Audio or podcast lineups, add the lineup as a placement.
- Go to the “Placements” section.
- To add the lineup to the ad group, search for a video_content ID from the table below.
Made for Audio lineups Availability video_content ID Country US video_content::41031532215249635 Electronic dance music US video_content::65752498669178061
Fitness and workout music
US video_content::51569029952416338 Latin alternative US video_content::38259847397417885 Latin pop and hip hop US video_content::39173633227022770 Music US video_content::37018409934796790 Music GB video_content::36525924142733857 Music JP video_content::62261825874963172 Music IN video_content::46066307610569692 Music DE video_content::59777878672421106 Music AU video_content::43645876340499178 Pop US video_content::52564598785402846 Rock US video_content::55760322343065955 Talk radio and podcasts US video_content::59287925361585050
- Click New video ad.
- Use the editor to add the URL for the YouTube video and then edit your ad’s copy.
- When you finish, click Create campaign.