YouTube audio ads are a new format that allows you to tap into audiences who are listening to music, podcasts, or other audio content on YouTube. Using YouTube audio ads, you can expand your reach and increase brand awareness for your target audience.
- Efficient reach: Extends reach of video campaigns into new inventory at a low cost.
- Simplified buying: Buying and campaign setup is the same as other YouTube ad formats.
- Streamlined targeting and measurement features: Use advanced audiences, get access to the latest version of Brand Lift measurement, and see your reporting in Google Ads.
- Lower creative production costs: Audio ads are often cheaper to produce than video ads, as the recommended visual component is a still image or a simple animation.
Before you begin
|Required asset file||A link to your YouTube video (make sure to upload the video to YouTube)|
|Ad length||Maximum: 15 seconds|
|File size||Maximum: 128GB|
426 x 240 (240p)
640 x 360 (360p)
854 x 480 (480p)
1280 x 720 (720p)
1920 x 1080 (1080p)
2560 x 1440 (1440p)
3840 x 2160 (2160p)
|Aspect ratio||16:9 (if 4:3, black bars are added on the sides of the image or animation)|
|Companion banner||Available by request through your Google sales representative|
|Call-to-action||Available by request through your Google sales representative|
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- In the page menu on the left, click Video campaigns.
- Click the plus button , then select New campaign.
- Select the Brand awareness and reach goal.
- Select the Video campaign type.
- Select Audio as your campaign subtype.
- Click Continue.
- Enter details about your campaign, such as the bid and the budget.
- Add targeting to your ad group.
For optimal results, make sure that your targeting isn’t too narrow.
- (US only) To use audio or podcast lineups, add the lineup as a placement.
- Go to the “Placements” section.
- Click Enter multiple placements.
- To add the lineup to the ad group, search for a video_content ID from the table below.
Pop (Audio) video_content::52564598785402846 Rock (Audio) video_content::55760322343065955 Country (Audio) video_content::41031532215249635 EDM (Audio) video_content::65752498669178061 Rap & Hip Hop (Audio) video_content::43622810562204737 Made for Audio Music (Audio) video_content::37018409934796790 Podcasts (Audio) video_content::59287925361585050
- Create and finish the ad.
Best practicesYouTube audio ads run during long listening sessions and when YouTube is playing in the background. Use these best practices when you create the ad.
- Focus on sound: YouTube audio ads should focus on the audio component, so use assets with light animation or a static image with a call-to-action. During the beta, upload your creative as a YouTube URL.
- Have a consistent tone and tempo: For a 15 second ad, aim for 40 words when using a voiceover in the ad.
- Be conversational: A friendly tone helps transition listeners between entertainment content and ads.
- Include a call-to-action in the audio or in the video creative: Offer an opportunity for listeners to take the next step, such as reading or showing a short link to your website in the ad.
- Comply with our policies: Ads shouldn’t be overly intrusive to listeners, so make sure to comply with the Google Ads policies.