If your home is eligible for the Gigabit Internet for Select Affordable and Public Housing program, you are eligible for the 1 Gig plan and can activate your Google Fiber service.
To activate your service:
- In your home, use a mobile device or computer to connect to the Get Google Fiber Wi-Fi network.
- From a web browser, go to fiber.google.com/getfiber. The Welcome to Google Fiber screen appears.
- Click Get Started.
- On the Connect to your Network Box screen, enter your street address, apartment number, and the 4-digit number from the label on the front of your Network Box. Click Next.
- Click Continue to confirm your 1 Gig plan selection, then click Continue.
- If you want, you can sign up for paid services, such as streaming services and Google Fiber Phone. When you're finished choosing services, click Continue & Sign in.
If you sign up for any paid services, you'll be prompted at the end of the signup process to set up a billing account with Google Fiber. You'll use this billing account to pay for the paid services you subscribe to. See this article for more information on how to pay for services.
- If you're asked, enter your email address to sign in to Google. We'll use this address to send you information about your service. Click Continue.
- On the Set up & confirm account page, enter your phone number, a name for your new Wi-Fi network, and a Wi-Fi password, and then click Continue & pay.
- Read the Google Fiber service agreement and click the boxes to acknowledge you have read and accept the terms and fee schedule. Click Accept & continue.
- On the Thank you page, choose which optional contact subscriptions you want to receive. Click Continue.
You're almost done! You can now connect to your new Wi-Fi network using the network name and password you entered earlier. If you signed up for any paid services, you'll be prompted to set up a billing account. See this article for more information on how to pay for services.
More information about this program
1 Gig Internet $0/month service is available for customers in select public housing and affordable housing properties. There are no contracts, construction fees, or installation fees. This service provides up to 1 Gigabit upload and download speeds.
Google Fiber provides this service to residents of select properties with K-12 families in our Fiber cities. Partnerships between Google Fiber, housing properties, and local community groups are established to ensure that digital inclusion programs also happen in and around these properties.
Residents who receive this service can choose to purchase our 1 Gig + TV plan. Residents should contact Google Fiber customer support to find out more.
Canceling your service
If you're moving out or you want to cancel your service for any reason, please contact Google Fiber customer support. Please don't remove your Network Box or Fiber Jack.