Perform a Google Fiber speed test
You've probably used speed test sites to check your Internet connection speed, but many sites are not designed for ultra-fast services like Fiber 1000. To enable you to accurately measure your connection speed, we built a speed test that can handle Fiber.
To test your connection speed:
For the best results, close all applications before running the Internet speed test.
Open your browser and go to speed.googlefiber.net.
If you have pop-ups blocked, the speed test may not appear when you click the speed test link. If this occurs, unblock pop-ups temporarily to display the speed test page.
Click the play button to start the test.
The Google Fiber speed test checks your upload and download speeds and displays the results.
For best speed test results, here are some helpful tips:
- This speed test is designed specifically for hardwired Google Fiber connections. Using this speed test for other types of Internet connections can produce unreliable results.
- You won't be able to reach maximum Internet speeds of your chosen Fiber plan when connected by Wi-Fi. Learn more about the maximum possible download speeds achieved using Fiber 1000 service on a variety of wireless and connected devices.
- Use the latest version of your web browser to run the speed test. Read about supported browsers.
- If you have Fiber TV service, remember that both TV and data come into your home through your Fiber Jack, and TV takes priority. To maximize results, run the speed test when you're not recording any programs and turn off your TV Box.
- If possible, run the test on a recent model computer with up-to-date networking hardware.
If you've run a Google Fiber Internet speed test and believe you still aren't receiving fastest speeds, here are ways you can improve your Wi-Fi speeds.
Troubleshoot your network connection
If you tested your Internet speed and feel it's lower than expected, try our Network Troubleshooter to resolve any issues you may have with your Fiber Internet connection.