Current as of: August 24, 2020
Starting September 3, we will return to our standard policies for late payments and data speeds.
- Our grace period for late payments will return to 3 days from the missed billing date.
- Full speed data limits will return to 15GB for Flexible and 22GB for Unlimited beginning with your first billing cycle on or after Sept 3.
Our temporary policies implemented earlier this year are below for reference. While we're returning to our standard policies, we still want to be there to help. If you are experiencing COVID-19 related financial hardship, please contact us to see if your account is eligible for additional support.
- Late Payments
Google Fi is temporarily extending its grace period, during which you'll maintain full service, to 60 days from your missed billing date if you're experiencing hardship related to COVID-19. Plan owners can visit their Fi account to request a COVID-19 related extension, and their grace period will be updated.
If you’re experiencing COVID-19 related hardship and can't find where to request a grace period extension within your account, please contact us.
Policy change effective as of: March 1, 2020
Policy updated: June 24, 2020
Policy ending: September 2, 2020
- Data Speeds
We understand you may be using more data during this time, and to help with this, Google Fi is temporarily increasing its limits for full speed data to 30GB per user, for both Flexible and Unlimited Plans. After you reach 30GB, you can choose to return to full-speed data for an additional $10/GB for the rest of your billing cycle.
Policy change effective as of: April 1, 2020
Policy ending: September 2, 2020
Recently, there has been an increase in scam messages and calls related to COVID-19. To help you stay safe, here are a few tips:
- Learn more about how to avoid these scams on the FCC website and the Google Safety Center.
- Make sure you have spam detection enabled in your Phone and Messages apps on Android, or in the Google Fi app on iOS.
- To prevent calls that are identified as spam from reaching your phone, in your Fi app, under "Spam & blocked numbers," turn on Block spam calls.
- Make sure your Google account, and therefore your Fi number, is even more secure by enabling 2-Step Verification.
Order Management and Device Repair
If you're expecting an order, keep in mind that our shipping partners may be experiencing delays or changes to their signature requirements. Check your shipping carrier's site directly for updates, expected shipping times, and potential delays.
Please be mindful of health orders and recommendations in your location prior to visiting a retail store or an authorized repair center.
- If you are in need of a new SIM card, you can order one online at fi.google.com, or through an authorized online retailer.
- If you have increased coverage with device protection and need a replacement device, review our device replacement options.
Google Fi Support
As a precautionary health measure for our support specialists, we’re operating with a limited team, and some support channels may be unavailable. Thanks for your patience, as it may take longer than usual to connect with us. For additional support, please visit the Help Center.