Add or remove a phone from your account
If you have a new phone, or you'd simply like to use a different one, you can add it to your Project Fi account. Once you do, you'll continue to have service on your new phone and keep the same phone number.
Your previous phone will still appear on your account as an inactive device. You can remove it using the steps below, or keep using it with a data-only SIM.
Add a phone
- Insert your Project Fi SIM card into your new Fi phone.
- When asked, sign in with the Google Account you used to sign up for Project Fi.
- Follow the on-screen steps to activate service on your phone.
Remove a phone
You must have at least one active phone on your account. If you only have one phone on your account, you'll have to add another phone before you can remove it.
- Open the Project Fi website or app .
- In the Account tab, select Manage plan.
- Select the device you want to remove.
- Select Remove device.