You can send and receive text (SMS) and multimedia (MMS) messages through the Messages by Google app . Messages are considered texts and don't count toward your data usage. Your data usage is also free when you turn on chat features (RCS). You cannot use SMS delivery reports with Google Fi.
Tip: You can send texts over Wi-Fi even if you don’t have cell service. Just use Messages as you normally would.
Learn more about Messages:
- Use Messages for web with Fi
- Read and send messages using Messages
- Attach and save photos, videos, and audio
- Manage messages and change Messages settings
- Accessibility for Messages on Android