You can send and receive text (SMS) and multimedia (MMS) messages through the Messages app . Messages are considered texts and don't count toward your data usage. Your data usage is also free when you turn on chat features.
Learn how to turn on chat features (RCS).
Tip: You can send texts over Wi-Fi even if you don’t have cell service. Just use Messages as you normally would.
If you're not connected to Wi-Fi, make sure cellular data is turned on:
- On your Android device, open the Settings app.
- Tap Network & internet Mobile network.
- Make sure Mobile data is turned on.
Turn on data roaming
- On your Android device, open Settings .
- Tap Network & internet Mobile network Roaming.
View a tutorial about the Messages app on Android.
Tip: You can't use SMS delivery reports with Google Fi.