When you reach your plan’s data limit, your data speeds will slow down until the start of the next billing cycle.
How it works
To offer the best experience to as many users as possible any data used after you reach your data limit is slowed to 256 kbps. Your full-speed data limit depends on the type of plan you have and can’t be manually adjusted:
- Flexible plans allow up to 15 GB of full-speed data.
- Simply Unlimited plans allow up to 22 GB of full-speed data.
- Unlimited Plus plans allow up to 22 GB of full-speed data.
How group plans compare to individual plans
Use full-speed data beyond your data limit
After you reach your plan’s data limit, you can choose to return to full-speed data for an additional $10/GB for the rest of your billing cycle.
- On your mobile device, sign in to the Google Fi app .
- Select Account Get full speed.
This option is available after you pay your first Google Fi bill. If you want to return to full-speed data before that, you must make a one time prepayment of the charges incurred to date.
View a tutorial on how to get your full speed limit.