Google Photos & your child's Google Account
When your child has a Google Account, they can use the Google Photos app to save and share their photos.
How Google Photos works
For the most part, Google Photos will be the same for children as it is for adults. There are only a few things that are different for children:
- Parents can turn off sharing from within Google Photos.
- Face-clustering is turned off, so children can't search for specific people in their photo library.
Turn photo sharing on or off
When you turn off photo sharing, your child won't be able to use the share button in Google photos. However, your child will still be able to share photos in other apps, like Gmail or Google Hangouts.
- Open the Family Link app .
- Select your child.
- On the "Settings" card, tap Manage Settings More.
- Turn "Google Photos sharing" on or off.
Note: You can also manage this setting by clicking on your child's name at families.google.com.