Originality reports highlight passages from the internet in your work. The reports help you to properly cite sources before you turn in your assignment.
If your teacher turned on originality reports for an assignment, you can run up to 3 reports to check your work.
Open a report
- Go to your learning management system (LMS).
- Click the course.
- Click the assignmentView assignment.
- Choose an option:
- To run a new originality report, on the right, click Run.
- To open an existing originality report, on the right, click View originality report.
Review flagged passages
Flagged passages highlight text from the internet that you didn't cite or quote. Review each flagged passage and add your source citations. To show or hide cited or quoted text in the results, next to # cited or quoted passages, click the switch On .
To review flagged passages:
- Click Web matches.
- At the bottom, click Next or Back to scroll through the passages.
- (Optional) To see the match for a specific passage, in the document, click a highlighted passage.
- Click Back to go back to the summary.
View number or percentage of flagged passages
You can use the percentage of flagged content to review how much source material you used. For example, if your report shows 5% flagged content, it means 5% of your document matches source material that wasn’t cited or quoted.
Edit your work
Print or save the report
- Open the assignmentclick View originality report.
- At the top, click Print and choose an option:
- Save as a PDF
- Save to your Google Drive
- Print the report