If your teacher turned on originality reports for an assignment, you can run up to 3 reports to check your work for uncited content and unintentional plagiarism. The reports compare your Google Docs or Slides file against webpages and books on the internet. If you have a Workspace Enterprise for Education account, your file is also compared to other student work submitted in your domain.
Originality reports are only available for Workspace for Education accounts set to English, French, Indonesian, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, and Swedish.
Open a report
- Go to classroom.google.com and click a class.
- Click Classworkthe assignmentView assignment.
- Choose an option:
- To run a new originality report, on the right, click Run.
- To open an existing originality report, on the right, click View originality report.
Review flagged passages
Flagged passages highlight text from the internet that you didn't cite or quote. Review each flagged passage and add your source citations. To show cited or quoted text in the results, next to # cited or quoted passages, click the switch On .
To review flagged passages in the originality report:
- Click Web matches.
- At the bottom, click Next or Back to scroll through the passages.
- (Optional) To see the match for a specific passage, in the document, click a highlighted passage.
- Click Back to go back to the summary.
View number or percentage of flagged passages
You can use the percentage of flagged content to review how much source material you used. For example, if your report shows 5% flagged content, it means 5% of your document matches source material that wasn’t cited or quoted.
To switch views between the number of flagged passages and the percentage of flagged content, click Count or %.
Edit your work
To edit your work, at the bottom of the originality report, click Edit.
Any edits you make don't show in the report until you run a new one.
Print or save the report
- Open the assignmentclick View originality report.
- At the top, click Print and choose an option:
- Save as a PDF
- Save to your Google Drive
- Print the report